Saturday, January 1, 2011

I went to church...

Yes. I did. I promise. I went to church AND I did not burst into flames.

I am not religious but I consider myself a spiritual person. I don't have enough information to make an informed decision about a divine Deity and I was brought up in a very scientific household so I never felt a desire or need to go to church. For some church is about community, for some it is about having a direct line to God. I think that there is something beautiful about the ceremony, especially at a Catholic mass.

That is until the Deacon started talking about how a wife should obey her husband and how it was bad to go to nightclubs because that will lead directly into temptation. He kind of lost me there.

I've been thinking a lot about spirituality and destiny lately. Why we are put in the circumstances that we are in. Do we make our destiny or is it preordained? And if it is preordained are we given our life to test us? To see how strong we are?

Whether it be God's plan, my plan or destiny. Bring it on... I can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment